Thursday, January 29, 2009

Messages from the gallery registry -


Gerry was ever present at shows for new artists.  He supported us with his presence and words.


- Tim Davis


Gerry was a gentleman, a pro, a working man. I enjoyed every moment I spent with him, and I respected him immensely.  


- Malcolm McCollum


We’ll miss your friendship, your spirit, your igloos and the tunes.  


- Val & Dean Schoenherr  


You bro.  


- no name given


Thanks, Gerry!  


- no name given


We love you Gman!  


- Marco and Stephanie Tirman


An inspiration for energy and art! We thank you Gerry!!  


- M. Osborn.


Gerry, you were a great friend to many Denver artists.  We will miss your smile and great shows.  


- Sandy Toland


Gerry was there for me during the time that we taught together at UCCS whatever problem.  


- Dawn Wilde


Ten years after working with Gerry in the Gallery Management Program at UCCS, he remains a continual inspiration for me of dedication, professionalism, and the goofy relaxed attitude that it takes to pull it all together.  


- Doug Beechwood


I appreciate that you taught me how to play the drums…sort of.  Thanks.


- Will Small


Hi Gerry.  Did you hear Obama won? I’m still going to make a lot of crazy art and there’ll be a little part of you in every piece.  Thanks for all the camaraderie, consultation, conversation, critiquing, comfort, concern, congratulations, collaborations, and commingling over the years. I love you and miss you.

 

- Kat Tudor


1 comment:

  1. Gerry was a significant part of my life while I was working towards my undergrad degree. I worked for Gerry for two years as a curator assistant and it was one of the best experiences of my time in Colorado Springs. I miss him and the gallery. Thank you Gerry for making a mark on my life that has forever changed my direction. You gave me a lantern and I continue to use it.

    ReplyDelete