Saturday, January 17, 2009

From Sarah McKenzie Smith -


I was so utterly shocked and deeply sadened to learn of the passing of
dear Gerry Riggs on 3rd January. I have such fond memories of the time
I spent with Gerry on my visits to Colorado Springs as an exhibitor and
as Artist in Residence at his wonderful Gallery of Contemporary Art.
Gerry greatly inspired and supported me in my practice as an artist and
also in my work as Head of Sculpture at Gray's School of Art, The
Robert Gordon University in Aberdeen, Scotland. He was such a loving
and kind man who gave so very much to so many and who had a passionate
vision of how things could be - of how things should be. Thank you,
Gerry, for the true, clear light that you shone so brightly while you
were here and which guided the pathways for so many individuals. I hope
you have found peace now with your beloved family. The world has lost
an angel.

- Sarah McKenzie Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment